Thursday, December 4, 2008

Untittled

I have no idea what to even call this post hence the title. One of my coworkers is in the hospital. She started working at the office over a year ago. She's got a good sense of humor and is fun to work with. In the past she's had cancer twice and beat it. A few months ago it came back for a third visit. She was doing really good just taking what came along but you could see it slowly wearing her down. The office manager asked if she wanted to take some time off and she cut back her hours but she didn't want to stop working. I guess she enjoyed being around our goofy asses.

A couple weeks ago the time finally came when she just didn't have the energy to work. Some of us tried to get in touch with her but she went to stay at her moms house. Her mom called on Tuesday to let the office manager know she was in the icu and her organs were starting to shut down. Thats pretty much all we know. Our office manager is going to go to the hospital tomorrow to see how things are. I wonder if she's awake or if she knows whats going on. Tonight I have tried really hard to think about the last time I saw her. Did we laugh? Did she have a good time? Did I make sure to say goodbye when we left for home? I hate having all these questions and no answers to them. I do know that we had quite a few good times and made some good memories.

No comments: